My background is in math (BMath; Waterloo) and civil engineering (BASc, MASc; Toronto). As I learned to dislike statistics when I was studying math, fate provided me with the opportunity to do a master's thesis on applying good old-fashioned statistics to hydrology with the goal of finding improved methods of estimating underlying distributions from small samples. Fortunately, this relied heavily on Monte Carlo simulation and I was able to convince myself that it was based on software instead of statistics. I somehow ended up as a software developer working on real time control systems and ancillary applications for the broadcast industry for fifteen years and now work as a project manager for the development of call center software.
Top network posts
- 364Leaving intentional bugs in code for testers to find
- 60What happened to "You're welcome?"
- 48Why is it always the same type of beer cup used in college-style movies/series?
- 40Is there a word for "air can pass through it"?
- 39Should you write good documentation and clean code to increase the "Bus Factor"?
- 35Correct, clear, concise way to use "potato-potato" in writing
- 33Very illogical php value comparisons
- View more network posts →