Professionally, I am a long time contract software engineer. My other interests include:
- filmmaking: I have made dozens of personal travel videos, as well as helped produce, storyboard, capture and edit sound, and edit a two hour storyboard animatic for a film club. Also, I have appeared in several Hollywood films as a background actor ("extra") in Untraceable, Leverage, The Hunted, and a participated in a half dozen local projects which no one has heard of.
- scuba: I am a scuba divemaster with thousands of dives experience; also I have assisted instruction of hundreds of student scuba divers, and led dozens of scuba boat expeditions on the Oregon Coast or in Washington's San Juan Islands.
- aviation: more than two million miles on commercial airlines, plus private pilot
- bicycling: I really love getting around by bicycle, often as a commuter, but especially to bicycle in remote locations like near the Oregon Coast, in the mountains, or in Central or Eastern Oregon's wondrous beauty.
- snow sports: I thoroughly enjoy the Oregon Cascades year round, but winter provides special magic. For eight years I was a (part time) ski instructor.
- travel: visited at least 34 countries for a lifetime cumulative total of about two years, mostly Europe. There are about 12 U.S. states I have not yet visited.
Top Network Posts
- 231fork() branches more than expected?
- 105how to open, read, and write from serial port in C
- 58How do I remove a file in Linux whose name looks like it's ONLY a hyphen, as in "-"
- 32Purpose of ESI & EDI registers?
- 32mysql import on windows
- 29Why does a program accessing illegal pointer to pointer not crash?
- 23Why do professional green screens look so much better?
- View more network posts →