I'm working on my PhD in aerospace engineering, specializing in computational turbulent combustion. My focus is primarily on massively parallel algorithms and computational methods for solving fluid and structural mechanics problems. Primary work is done in Fortran (90, 95, and 2003) but recent work has me branching into python, C and C++.
I'm also interested in international affairs and law.
Also interested in applying computational techniques to sports, in particular cycling aerodynamics and performance optimization. Particular emphasis on track cycling and time trialing.
Top Network Posts
- 71How do bicycle spokes work?
- 62Why do rocket engines have a throat?
- 34List submodules in a git repository
- 33Could I break the sound barrier using circular motion? (And potentially create a sonic boom?)
- 29Why doesn't Earth's atmosphere form bands due to different rotational speeds?
- 25Why does water gulp out of a water bottle with a narrow opening instead of a steady flow?
- 23Is the Comic Sans font easier to read for dyslexics?
- View more network posts →