So we have had a recent interesting question about film-distribution.
Strictly speaking 'distribution' is on the off-topic list, but we have a distribution tag and a number of questions relating it it - so clearly its not actually off-topic. If you look at this related meta question you can see that the intent of this is to try to avoid 'purchasing questions' rather than good questions about how the movie distribution business works.
The current help for allowed/disallowed topics is:
What topics can I ask about here?
Movies & TV Stack Exchange is for Movie & TV enthusiasts and experts alike!
If your question generally covers …
- Analysis of content or theme of all forms of Movies/TV
- Identifying a Movie or TV series (see below for details)
- Questions about a Movie/TV show's production.
- The works of a director / an actor / a writer related to
Movies/TV Movies also includes Made-For-TV movies, Direct-to-DVD, and Mini-Series.
Please note that the following subjects are considered off-topic here:
- Movie/TV purchasing/viewing locations
- The operation of playing a movie whether it be digital or physical format.
- Unimportant trivia that does not add to the understanding or appreciation of the title.
- TV news and current affairs
- A title's release date or rumors about a specific title or series.
- Opinions about or recommendations for a movie or TV show
Can anyone suggest improvements to the wording of these on/off-topic descriptions, particularly "Distribution" so that it more closely matches the intent.